Friday, December 8, 2023

A Prayer


 

The following are transliteration of Sri Sri Babathakur’s teachings appearing in Brahma Atmavidya, Vol. 1 (pages 56-57) and Swajnanugrahasudha, Vol. 1 (clause no. 228, pages 234-235) by Sri Ramen Basu.

 

 

 

Sri Sri Babathakur says (ref. Brahma Atma Vidya vol 1., pages 56-57):

1.    There is difference between begging and a prayer. The want is of three kinds according to the gunas of an individual, namely – tamasic, rajasic and sattvik. Sattvik want is called prayer.

2.    Repeatedly the sadhaka has to pray - do please be self-revealed within and remain awakened. I neither have the power nor the ability, I even forget to remember your name.  Out of mercy do reveal in all your Self-glory. My body, mind, vitals, intellect everything is yours.  Please do come and accept your things, otherwise it is not within the range of my capability to return that to you.

3.     Cidaandamoyee Maa/ Isvara hears all our words, each prayer even before it is uttered; then how can we say that it is not heard?

4.     A prayer starts from gross objects, the more we move towards the subtle, our wants get reduced in proportion. Afterwards such comes the state that there remains no more want. Then want culminates to witness only.

A similarly themed prayer has been provided by Sri Sri Babathakur in Swajnanugrahasudha Vol. 1, clause no. 228 (pages 234-235):

‘Do no longer charm me Maa in the deception of Maya of the worldliness

Tempt me not any more in the net of enchanting illusion of form, name and idea.

Leaving me in the grip of Maya in the beguiling hope of the worldliness

Leave me nor O Maa! don’t you go away.

Hide not Maa your true nature of Bliss Consciousness

Behind the screen of delusion of Avidya Maya.

How can I see Thou, Maa of mine

Unless Thou remove the Maya of thy worldliness.

How can I understand Thy mercy and compassion

How can I be Thy Own forever.

That impediment in the midst of us

Remove O Maa that perception of difference.

So that the conception of the worldliness remains no more

Do no longer keep within me any thirst for the objectives of the worldliness.

Submerge me absolutely now with Thy mercy and compassion

Being Thy Own Self let me witness all as ‘Thou and thine’.

Forever the worldliness of Maya be removed

Remaining as I of Thou in the Absolute Divine Existence (Samasara).

Absolute-I is free forever on the lap of Maa as the Self

Wander playfully in Bliss Consciousness 

Hailing Thou, Jai Maa, Jai Maa.’

 

Submitted at the lotus feet of Sri Sri Babathakur by Sri Ramen Basu.

No comments:

Post a Comment